Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham is set to sign for La Liga giants Real Madrid, terms are almost complete.
According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, a new meeting has been scheduled to complete the agreement with Borussia Dortmund.
- Jude Bellingham was born on June 29, 2003, in Stourbridge, England.
- He began his youth career at local club Stourbridge before joining Birmingham City’s academy in 2015 at the age of 12.
- Bellingham made his professional debut for Birmingham City at the age of 16 in August 2019, becoming the youngest-ever first-team player in the club’s history.
- In July 2020, he signed for German club Borussia Dortmund for a transfer fee reported to be around €23 million, making him the most expensive 17-year-old in history.
- Bellingham made his debut for the England national team in November 2020, becoming the third-youngest player to ever represent England at senior level.
🚨⚪️ Real Madrid are close to complete deal to sign Jude Bellingham, confirmed. Negotiations are progressing to the final stages.— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 3, 2023
Personal terms are almost agreed — Juni Calafat, crucial again.
New meeting has been scheduled to complete the agremeent with Borussia Dortmund. pic.twitter.com/EZO76bXiHk
Liverpool were also interested in signing the England international but now look set to miss out along with Manchester City who also had an eye on the young prodigy.
Real Madrid missed out on the signing of Erling Haaland to rivals Manchester City but this time they want to make sure they can still attract the world’s best players.
The signing of Jude Bellingham will no doubt be a landmark signing for the Galacticos who currently lie 2nd in La Liga behind rivals Barcelona.
MORE TO FOLLOW.