Skip to content

BLOODED CHAOS on the Metrolink: Manchester City fans assaulted before FA Cup win

In a shocking incident preceding Manchester City‘s triumphant 5-0 FA Cup win against Huddersfield on Sunday, a group of City fans found themselves subjected to a brutal assault on a Metrolink tram service.

The disturbing scenes were captured on video and shared on social media, depicting two young fans being punched in the head, left bleeding, and battered by attackers believed to be Huddersfield fans.

The incident has sparked outrage, prompting investigations by local authorities and raising concerns about fan safety.

The video posted on social media captures the harrowing moments as two Manchester City supporters faced an unprovoked attack on the Metrolink tram service.

One victim, clad in a City kit, was seen with blood-covered face, taking a devastating blow from an assailant, ultimately slumping against the tram’s handrails.

LEAKED: Manchester City 2024-25 away shirt

Another fan, attempting to shield himself, endured a barrage of punches as concerned onlookers urged the attackers to cease the violence. It was reported that one of the attackers allegedly used a pint glass during the assault.

This image shows a Man City covered in blood following an assault on the Metrolink in Manchester.
A Man City fan was allegedly hit with a pint glass. (Image Credit: Twitter / X)

Speculation on social media suggested that the attackers were Huddersfield fans, and the violent clash allegedly involved the use of a pint glass.

The brutal confrontation only came to a halt when one of the victims’ friends intervened to separate the groups involved. As the video circulated widely, the incident gained public attention, leading to increased scrutiny and demands for justice.

Upon receiving reports of the assault, police officers attended the scene to investigate the disturbing clash.

The Greater Manchester Police (GMP) confirmed that a teenager sustained a head injury during the incident, receiving first aid from Metrolink staff before being transported to the hospital. As of now, no arrests have been made, but the GMP is actively pursuing the case, urging witnesses to come forward.

Danny Vaughan, Head of Metrolink at Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), expressed concern about the incident.

TfGM, along with Metrolink Operator KeolisAmey Metrolink (KAM), is collaborating with the GMP to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. Vaughan encouraged witnesses and those affected by the incident to report it to the GMP, emphasizing the critical importance of passenger and staff safety.